This blog is gone but not forgotten. Please visit my "regular" blog, Textile Traveler.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eye Confections

What are eye confections? Eye candy, but so much MORE!

I'm an amateur but enthusiastic baker. Not only do I love making and eating yummy baked goods, but a beautiful baked good is a joy to behold. I can't indulge as much as I would like to, of course, and I would think that perusing articles, photos, and illustrations of deliciously baked goodness would just set me up for cravings. Oddly enough, it almost always has the opposite effect of satisfying those sweet urges.

So I can't resist CakeSpy. CakeSpy is a conglomeration of all things confectionery, from recipes to bakery reviews to ideas for fun ways to play with your food. Some of those ideas are almost beyond comprehension; fried cupcakes, anyone?















If by chance my visit to CakeSpy does trigger an uncontrollable urge for something special,  I can always find a recipe on the site, like this one for Almond Tea Cake.

If you visit, be sure to check out artist Jessie Oleson's adorable illustrations.

And what did you find pleasurable today?


No comments: